Sunday, August 4, 2013

Marathon Training! Week Eight!

Finally got back on the exercise wagon this week!  Work-life balance, here Sharkie comes!!!!

Monday - 4 miles in 44:29 (11:06 pace).  Ran to Road Runner Sports and back for gel shopping.  Not super impressed by the running gel selection, but I did finally get a running visor!!

Tuesday - 60 minutes strength.  It was supposed to be a semi-private group session, but it was me, myself, and I.  So I pretty much got my ass kicked for 60 minutes.  Welcome back to the gym, Sharkie.

Wednesday - 5.58 miles (6, I swear.  I forgot to restart my watch at a corner) in 1:02:54 (11:16 pace).  Ran through Illinois Medical District for a change of scenery.

Thursday - 60 minutes strength.  Followed by wine tasting!  What can I say, you can take the Sharkie out of Sonoma...Anyways, there's an adorable little wine shop in the West Loop that does wine tastings on Thursdays.  I'll be back!

Friday - 45 minutes group conditioning.

Saturday - 12.99 miles in 2:29:25 (11:30 pace) - nice training run on the lakefront.  Followed by dinner at this Chicago legend:

Sometimes, a girl just needs a filet.



So tasty!

Sunday - rest day!  And by rest I mean grocery store, twisted spoke for bloodies, and grilling with Mr. Sharkie.  The perfect day!!

Total mileage: 23
Overall outlook: Better!  Especially once the gym soreness wore off
Next race: Madison Mini!

Have a great week everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but think of Sharknado now when I come to your blog!Glad you are back on the exercise train! A couple winters ago I'd run through the Medical district too, but mostly to Arrigo park.

    You have a great week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see Sharknado? Was it any good??

    ReplyDelete