Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Birthday America!!

I spent a couple of minutes pouting this morning because I have to work the entire weekend.  Then I took the dog(s) for a walk this morning and realized that it was going to be an absolutely beautiful day!

And what better way to celebrate America's birthday with a 4 mile trail run!  I've been kind of sick of the same 2 miles out and back from my house, so I packed up Mr. Sharkie and we hit the trails.

My friends and I do a trail run every Thanksgiving that we have lovingly coined the "This is NOT a Turkey Trot _____ K."  It's a _____ K because we add a K every year.  Every year we step our game up a little.  This past Thanksgiving, I was NOT messing around.  I made bad ass t-shirts and construction paper turkey medals.  But I digress.

We went for a run on the same trail we do for Thanksgiving, a nice little out and back on some single track, and then through the woods.  I love trail running.  It helps me feel like I've gotten away from the city for a minute, and it's good conditioning.  Just watch your footing!


It was like this.  But with more mountain bikes.

Who else hit the trails today?  Any fun plans for the 4th?

No comments:

Post a Comment