Monday, July 15, 2013

War Wounds

Marathon training week 6 started of with quite the bang this afternoon.  And by bang I mean banged up hands and knees.

That's right, folks, we have Sharkie's first official tumble of marathon training 2013.

IT BURNS!!!!


Now - most runners fall down while doing awesome things like hopping over creeks and trees.  I tend to fall flat on my face while running on sidewalks, this time while deep in conversation with Mr Sharkie.

New rule!  No running while talking!  Just kidding.  I'll pay more attention while running :)

I mostly just need to learn how to fall down with < 1 mile left in my run.  This unfortunate injury happened at mile 0.8.  I'm getting down with a bag of ice as I type this, and hopefully will be good as new for my half marathon this weekend.

Happy Monday to me!

IT BURNS!!!





2 comments:

  1. You should take some blogging liberty and say you how did some epic high five during and your hand came out better than the other person's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I should totally attribute my hand injury to aggressive high fives I was handing out while running. I'm pretty sure this entire thing is actually my body not so silently protesting this week also being brought to me by the letter H.

    ReplyDelete